Sutter Deputies Conduct Alcohol Decoy Operation
Wednesday, August 22, 2001 12:01 AM
For Immediate Release:
Sutter County Sheriff's Department Deputies, Investigators with the State Department of Alcohol Beverage Control, and aided by underage Sutter County Sheriff's Cadets conducted a series of decoy operations within Sutter County. The underage cadets, who attempted to purchase alcoholic beverages from local businesses, contacted a total of eleven establishments. Two clerks sold alcohol to the decoys. The clerks and businesses were identified as:
1. The Quik Stop Market, 1285 Bogue Road, Yuba City and the clerk was identified as Lakhwinder Singh Mann, 40, 800 block of Lincoln Road, Yuba City.
2. More-4-Less Market, 10020 Hwy 99, Live Oak and the clerk was identified as Rachel Ann Smith, 23, Maple Park, Live Oak.
Both clerks were cited and released on charges of sales of alcohol to a minor. Ten establishments refused to sell alcohol to the decoys. They were identified as:
1. Four Corners Market, 235 Pleasant Grove Road, Rio Oso.
2. Perozzi's 99 North, 3499 Power Line Road, Nicolaus.
3. Neighborhood Market, 4313 South George Washington Boulevard, Yuba City.
4. Dhammi's Mini Mart, 1281 Obanion Road, Yuba City.
5. AM/PM Mini Mart, 1332 Bogue Road, Yuba City.
6. Tiff's Market, 9881 Hwy. 99, Live Oak.
7. Boone's Mini Mart, 10375 Hwy. 99, Live Oak.
8. Super Stop #2, 2494 Archer Avenue, Live Oak.
9. Jiffy Food Mart, 7505 Hwy. 20, Sutter.
The alcohol decoy program is an on-going operation conducted by the Sutter County Sheriff's Department in an effort to reduce availability of alcohol to minors. The program is funded by grant funding from State Alcohol Beverage Control, in a concerted effort to educate, oversee compliance and enforcement of alcohol laws impacting the residents of Sutter County.
Contact Person: Sergeant Randy Pack or Deputy Carl Dinwiddie at (530) 822-7307View PDF version of this press release