Sutter County Sheriff's Department Conducts Alcohol Decoy Operation
Thursday, March 21, 2002 4:00 PM
For Immediate Release:
Sutter County Sheriff's Deputies assisted by underage Sheriff's Cadets conducted a sting operation geared at attempting to purchase alcohol from clerks at various stores in Sutter County. The Sheriff's Department calls the operation a success because not one clerk sold alcohol to the undercover cadet.
The Sutter County Sheriff's Department considers a sale of alcohol to a minor a high priority and an ongoing concern as part of the Community Policing effort of the department. The clerks of the businesses took lawful actions by refusing to cooperate in the selling of alcohol to a minor and should be commended. Those businesses that were contacted and refused to sell alcohol were:
1. Boone's Mini-Mart, 10375 Live Oak Boulevard, Live Oak.
2. The Bootlegger, 9915 Live Oak Boulevard, Live Oak.
3. Tiff's Mini-Mart, 9881 Live Oak Boulevard, Live Oak.
4. Sunny's Market, 9820 Broadway, Live Oak.
5. MG Market, 2920 Pennington Road, Live Oak.
6. King's Market, 10153 Live Oak Boulevard, Live Oak.
7. Super Stop#2, 2494 Archer Avenue, Live Oak.
8. Sutter Mini-Mart, 2234 California Street, Sutter.
9. Munger's Market, 7803 South Butte Road, Sutter.
10. 76 Station, 7505 Colusa Highway, Sutter.
11. Question Market, 973 Township Road, Yuba City.
12. Mikes Mart, 1591 Franklin Road, Yuba City.
13. Bill's Market and Deli, 1443 Franklin Road, Yuba City.
14. Tim's Mini-Mart, 1619 Lincoln Road, Yuba City.
15. Quick Stop, 1620 Lincoln Road, Yuba City.
16. Lincoln Market, 1197 Lincoln Road, Yuba City.
17. AM/PM Mini-Mart, 1332 Bogue Road, Yuba City.
18. Dhami's Mini-Mart, 1281 Obanion Road, Yuba City.
19. Mr Paul's, 2255 Buttehouse Road, Yuba City.
20. Quick-N-Stop, 2590 Buttehouse Road, Yuba City.
Contact Person: Bill Grove, Undersheriff at (530) 822-7307View PDF version of this press release