Sutter County Sheriff's Office
Sutter County Sheriff's Department Conduct Alcohol Sting
Thursday, June 2, 2005 3:00 PM
For Immediate Release:
Sutter County Sheriff’s Deputies conducted a series of alcohol stings at businesses in Sutter County. Assisted by underage Sheriff’s Cadets, eleven businesses were solicited to sell alcohol in violation of state law to a minor. Two arrests were made and ten businesses refused to participate in the sales. Those identified as selling alcohol to the underage cadet were:
- Tajinder Singh, 32, of Yuba City, a clerk at the Township Market, 973 N. Township Road, Yuba City, was cited for sales to a minor.
- Kimberly Dawn Flores, 42, of Live Oak, a clerk at the More for Less Store, 10020 Highway 99, Live Oak, was cited for sales to a minor.
The following businesses refused to sell alcoholic beverages to the underage cadet and were identified as:
- Kings Market, 10153 Live Oak Boulevard, Live Oak.
- Sunny’s Market, 9820 Broadway, Live Oak.
- MG Liquors, 2920 Pennington Road, Live Oak.
- Bootlegger, 9915 Live Oak Boulevard, Live Oak.
- Super Stop#2, 2494 Archer Avenue, Live Oak.
- Mr. Paul’s Market, 2245 Buttehouse Road, Yuba City.
- Quick n Shop, 2590 Buttehouse Road, Yuba City.
- Sutter Food and Gas, 7505usa Highway, Sutter.
- Munger’s Market, 7803 South Butte Road, Sutter.
- Sutter Mini Mart, 2234 California Street, Sutter.
The alcohol stings are part of an on-going program by the Sutter County Sheriff’s Department, aimed at reducing sources of alcohol to those under the age of 21.
Contact Person and Telephone Number:
Bill Grove, Undersheriff 530-822-7307View PDF version of this press release
Copyright © 2001-2016 Sutter County, California
Printed on: 5/1/2016