The Sutter County Jail currently offers the following ancillary classes at the facility for the inmate:
Work Release Coordinator
- Moral Recognition Therapy – MRT is an evidence-based program that targets anti-social attitudes and behaviors, therefore training, teaching, and changing the perspective of the offender to gain more socially acceptable moral thinking and behavior.
- Coping with Anger –This program targets offenders “…who have problems with managing feelings of anger and frustration in an appropriate way.” Coping With Anger: A Cognitive Behavioral Workbook is designed for eight group sessions focusing on teaching and practicing anger management skills. It is an evidence-based program which helps clients recognize, overcome and control anger management challenges, thereby reducing criminal activity.
- Peer Relationships – Formerly Untangling Relationships, this program directly confronts the key issues of codependency including manipulation and dependent relationships. The new curriculum provided by Courage for Change is evidence-based, interactive journaling that is facilitated in a group setting in the jail.
- GED - Provides general education to inmates to assist them in preparing for the GED examination so they can receive their high school equivalency.
- Hepatitis C Education - Provides education and/or information on the medical maladies associated with Hepatitis C, methods of contracting Hepatitis C and how to prevent contracting Hepatitis C.
- Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous - A well-established program designed to help those with alcohol and/or drug problems overcome their problems utilizing group therapy.
- Christian Recovery - Church Services faith based program to provide inmates with alternative methods for dealing with any difficulties they may have associated with alcohol, drugs, or anger management.
- Liberty for Captives - Church Services faith based program to provide inmates with alternative methods for dealing with any difficulties they may have associated with alcohol, drugs, or anger management or domestic issues.
- Outside Work Release - The OWR program allows inmates with minor offenses to work 8 hours per day on community projects. This program is limited to inmates with minor charges and less than 180 day sentences.
Correctional Officer Christina Stohlman
Work Release Coordinator
Sutter County Sheriff's Office
1077 Civic Center Boulevard
Yuba City, CA 95993
Phone: (530) 822-7373